- We never store the content of your Slack messages!
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. We too dislike services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights. Wo do not sell your data to anyone.
- We don't store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact our support team.
code quest sp. z o.o. ("code quest") operates how are you (also “hay”). It is a code quest's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
TL;DR: hay is a service created by people, for people. We know how important privacy is to you because it's important to us.That's why we're committed to ensuring the information we collect from you - and that we ask that you provide to us from time to time - is both necessary and reasonable to provide you with the best services possible.
Like most website operators, hay collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available - e.g. browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We do this for purposes of understanding and improving our users' experience. While we may, from time to time, make certain aggregate user information available (e.g. releasing information on our site regarding user trends and site analytics), we will never release any information identifying any individual site visitor or sell or transfer any of this information other than as described below.
TL;DR: We collect information to make hay useful for you.
Gathering of personally-identifying information
Certain visitors to hay's websites may elect to sign up to use hay's services offered via one or more sites. In these instances, we are required to verify that you are indeed an actual person and that you are (and will continue to be) in compliance with hay's Terms and Conditions. In order to do so, we may ask that you provide us with certain personally-identifying information for such purposes. The amount and type of information that hay gathers depend on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account at hay to provide an email address. Those who engage in transactions with hay are asked to provide additional information, including (as necessary) personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, the hay collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the interaction. code quest that owns hay services does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related and service-related activities.
code quest, a software house behind hay, discloses personally-identifying information (actual or potential) only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations (i) that need to know that information in order to process it on code quest's behalf or to provide services available at hay's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using hay's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. code quest will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, code quest discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or another governmental request, or when code quest believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of code quest, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a code quest website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you notices to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up-to-date with what's going on with code quest and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. code quest takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
TL;DR: We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the service faster and better. Our servers need to enter third party apps in order to provide you with a service you want us to deliver. If you sign up for hay services we need to collect certain data to ensure you are human and you can pay for the services requested. We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we may release other information to authorities where required by law.
- Slack users information - email address, full name, display name, and timezone. We also store content of the surveys along with questions and answers. It’s essential to provide you with our Service.
- Slack workspaces information - it’s name, domain and basic information about public channels in your workspace. It’s essential to provide you with our Service. We do not process any messages sent between your coworkers.
- Customer payment information - name, email address, address, company name and credit card number. hay is a paid product so it’s essential to provide you with it’s Service.
- Users that sent us a feedback via email - their email address and name. If you decide to email us with any feedback we would like to respond to you.
- You have the right to access these data.
- You have the right to rectify these data in case it’s not accurate.
- You have the right to restrict processing of these data.
- You have the right to erase these data.
We store data for 5 years unless we receive a specific request for data deletion according to GDPR - if this is the case the data is permanently deleted from the storage.
- Provider: Amazon Web Services, Inc.Purpose: cloud service provider.Data: users, and data including timezone, basically everything above except feedback data and payment information.Location: EU IrelandLink: https://aws.amazon.com
- Provider: Stripe. Payments Europe, LtdPurpose: payment providerData: Stripe processes personal data of the person paying for our Service including names, email, company name, address and credit card number.Location: EU IrelandLink: https://stripe.com
- Provider: Metabase, Inc.Purpose: data usage analysisData: users, and data including timezone, basically everything above except feedback dataLocation: EU Ireland
- Provider: Google Ireland, LtdPurpose: email communication with Users that sent us a feedback (we use G-mail inbox)Data: name, email addressLocation: EU Ireland
- Provider: ChartMogul GmbH & Co. KGPurpose: finantial data analysisData: ChartMogul processes personal data of the person paying for our Service including names, email, company name and addressLocation: EU Ireland
We are very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission. hay may send out emails with hay-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions.
If you do not want to receive an email from us, please contact us on email@example.com
However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
TL;DR: We will send you emails based on your preferences. From time to time we may need to send emails to all our users.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. hay cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
TL;DR: To remember you, our system will give you a cookie. It's safe.
If code quest or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that it goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of code quest may continue to use your personal information so long as it complies with the custodial obligations in this policy.
Conditions of Use